http://www.nuclearcentury.com/ - Glitter Maker

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Didn't Really Feel The Thunder.


With my expectations high, Tropic Thunder didn't really give me what I wanted. It was funny..here and there.. and if it wasn't for Robert Downey Jr this movie would of flopped. Despite being accused of making fun of a black man, considering that he was actually painted up to look like one-this wasn't at all offensive-i didn't think so anyway. I mean, he was acting like a black man acts and if a black man.. say like White Chicks.. were acting like white people.. it would be just as funny. Each race has certain characteristics that are unique and busting upon them once in a while-makes life worth laughing at. Needlesstosay, wait until DVD for this one. It was OK.. 3/5 stars. There is a few funny laughs.. considering that u are putting Ben Stiller and Jack Black together.. and of course, your occasional love for Matthew McConnahey who makes a great appearance in this movie as Ben Stiller's agent. Tom Cruise.. is .. well see if u could spot him.. because until my boyfriend pointed him out.. I didn't. It kinda grossed me out actually.. thinking of Katie Holmes going to this premiere and having to sleep with him after looking like that..

DVD $5... not movie $8.

3/5 stars

No comments: