http://www.nuclearcentury.com/ - Glitter Maker

Thursday, July 17, 2008

carried away to the country.


if asked what music i liked.. i would always say i'm pretty versatile. i like just about every type of music.. except country! something about it.. i just did not like it. i don't want to put a toothpick between my teeth, a cowboy hat on, and drive a pick up truck. it just wasn't my style. that was my thoughts at least.. until i got severely annoyed on my long drives to and from work. i would listen to the local radio stations and hear the SAME songs played over and over again. i was getting so annoyed by this. sorry but i don't want to hear colby's song and daughtery play again and again one after the other. no variety i tell ya. so i decided to switch the stations. and i found myself listening to country. i knew of carrie underwood (that american idol winner) and even taylor swift... and there songs were good so i decided to give it a chance.. and literally it wasn't that bad. the lyrics were uplifting and made me feel good on my way home or way to work. i found myself smiling and even laughing at some of the stuff they say. it's realistic .. almost like a singing comedian. this even got me listening to more carrie underwood and taylor swift because they are the bridge between pop and country. if you don't want to submerge yourself into the whole country scene (it could be drastic)... listen to carrie and taylor and then you can ease yourself into it. honestly, these songs will make you feel good about yourself..and you'll be surprised when you start singing along.

my pick.. Carrie Underwood "Wasted" Listen.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeavmGw2GUQ


No comments: