http://www.nuclearcentury.com/ - Glitter Maker

Thursday, February 19, 2009

My First Apartment!


It's that time! Time to cut the cord and move out! I've been wanting to move out since age 18 and I found myself staying and staying. I communted to college and then got one boyfriend after the other in my area, which made for a reason to stay. After one of my former college friends and fellow coworker asked me to get an apartment with her, I was hestitant. I thought, I live at home for free, so why pay to live in the area? After a couple interesting things happened in my life, #1-my boyfriend and I broke up, #2-couldn't stand answering to my parens, and #3-wanted to break free and get away from negativity, I decided to take the plunge. I wanted change. I wanted to do something different, something on my own. I wanted to define myself.

After multiple searches on one of my new favorite sites "Craiglist.com", I found one of the cutest apartments ever. Hardwood floors and decent size rooms, it was perfect for my roommate and I. When I first saw it, the first apartment I ever looked at for myself, I fell in love. We looked at others afterwards but something about this one stuck with me. After some time passed, my roommate finally agreed and we took it. I signed the lease and off I went into this new apartment.

My guy friends helped me move and my dad found a large van to put all of my stuff in. I was excited to do two things.. #1-decorate everything with pictures, paintings, and rugs. and #2- put a basket with magazines in my bathroom. Weird, huh? I always wanted to do that. Needlesstosay, I love it! It has only been less than a week, but I love the feeling of being on my own-even though I talk to my parents everyday on the phone. It's a feeling of relief to go to "my place" to do what "I want to do."

I wanted to be independent and this is definitely a great stepping stone. I have to do things on my own and for me and it's a great feeling! I'll keep you posted!

No comments: